Title: Noel
Gallagher turns down Strictly Come Dancing gig
Subject:
NOEL GALLAGHER has had a few surreal moments in his rock ’n’ roll career.
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012
Summary
There was champagne with Tony Blair at Downing Street,
the madness of Knebworth in ’96 and a few weeks back he watched his beloved
Manchester City rip the Premier League crown from bitter rivals United in
injury time on the last day of the football season. And now the BBC has
given him a name-your-price offer for Noel to appear on Strictly Come Dancing.
Last night Noel said: “I’m flattered. I’d have done it an’ all as I’ve recently
mastered the sticky task of c***** while dancing. Just for one magical
moment, imagine Sir Brucie of Forsyth uttering the words: “Nice to see Noel, to
see Noel... ”
Opinion
This whole dancing with anything on anything does not grab my attention.
Unless it is dancing on lego bricks whilst juggling flaming dagger puking
chainsaws, I will not turn on my television to watch already rich people enter
a contest to lose all rock and roll credibility and human dignity in a spangly
and degrading outfit that leaves nothing to imagination. I am therefore very
glad that Noel kindly refused with a comment that is neither mean nor too
friendly. Even though Oasis never impressed me much I respect what they did for
the music industry.
I sort of agree with you. Dancing is not really my cup of tea either. Watching people do things I would never do myself does not really seem that exciting. However, there are a lot of people who do enjoy this sort of entertainment, so it would make sense to join in as a celebrity.
BeantwoordenVerwijderenI do like dancing, and watching people dance too. But only if they can really dance. With programmes like Strictly Come Dancing you see random famous people (that I usually do not recognize and do not really care for) learn the basics of dancing. Very boring to watch.
BeantwoordenVerwijderen